This position is responsible for ensuring that all items are checked, sorted and segregated prior to pressing, folding and well presented at all times adhering to standards of the hotel/Resort.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that guest services are met on time and to set standards.
- Communicate with laundry valet and ensure that all collection and delivery of hotel guest laundry, outside guest laundry and express laundry on timely manner.
- To sort out, segregate and check all items prior to washing.
- Sort out all in house and outsourced linen separately for washing and drying process.
- Ensure that all delicate garments are processed according to the wash care instructions.
- Check items for damage, missing/broken buttons and takes appropriate action.
- Spot any articles that are stained using correct products and procedures prior to the washing.
- To operate the washing machines as per instructions ensure they are not filled over their capacity.
- To load and unload washing machine & dryers & forward the completed items to the next working station.
- Ensure that the work area is maintained to the highest level of cleanliness according to standards laid down by the hotel, and those of (LQA) Leading Quality Assurance, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Dubai Municipality.
- To report any items damaged, faded or shrunk during the washing process to the manager /or supervisor immediately.
- Assists in helping out in other areas of the Laundry when necessary.
- To assist and train staff in handling garments, machines and chemicals.
- Ensure all operating equipment is turned off prior to closing the laundry operation.
- Carries out any special work assignments.
- To be familiar with and carry out the policies and procedures set by the hotel.
- Laid with weekly protocol for the cleanliness of the machines on weekly basis.
- Ensure that any guest request received is immediately process in a professional and timely manner to ensure guest satisfaction and that requests are executed within 15 minutes.
- Ensure that work trolleys, garments rails and cages always clean and tidy and presentable.
- Report to the Line Manager any suspicious circumstances encountered. Strictly follow the procedures on lost and found anywhere on the hotel premises.