KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare all kinds of decorative work for banquet buffets, Food & Beverage restaurants and show pieces including:
Ice carving, Styrofoam, Vegetables, Paper, chocolates, or any other type as per business demand for banquet events and restaurants.
- To constantly be physically involved in all phases of the daily operation requirements.
- To insist on a uniform visual appearance of all decoration prepared. Presentation must be prepared according to the standards.
- To check all food related set-ups for restaurant and banquet functions and decoration must be done as per given theme and required standards.
- Responsible for the correct timing of service and to ensure that ice carving or any other decorations are always of the highest standards and on time.
- To check related stores and refrigerators and be responsible for the proper storing and recycling.
- Insures smooth and effective communication among the kitchens and with other departments.
- To work closely with the Garde manger and pastry chef regarding the decorations as per required standards.
- Attends daily chefs and banquets operational meetings.
- Updates planning for upcoming food promotions for restaurants and banquets.
- To work in any section of the kitchen, when necessary, due to business demand.
- Communicates to his supervisor in all relevant & important matters.
- Takes responsibility and ownership for all events to make sure that the decoration is 100% ok as per the hygiene standards.
- To ensure the smooth running of the section and see that all areas of section maintain, and all decorative work has been completed as per company's standards.