DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES/JOB APPLICANTS
JA RESORTS AND HOTELS LLC
Copyright © 2022 JA Resorts & Hotels. All rights reserved
CANDIDATE DATA PROTECTION POLICY
JA Resorts and Hotels and its direct and indirect subsidiaries (JA”, “we”, “our” or “us”) value the trust of individuals submitting job applications to JA (“you” or “Applicant”) and are committed to the responsible management, use and protection of personal information. This Notice explains how JA processes the personal information that we collect through the job application process (“personal information”).
Personal information submitted to other JA websites will be used in accordance with our Global Privacy Statement.
RECRUITMENT USING TEAMTAILOR
The service for handling recruitments and simplifying the hiring process (the "Service") is powered by Teamtailor on behalf of JA Resorts & Hotels ("Controller). It is important that the persons using the Service ("Users”) feel safe, and are informed about, how we handle the User's personal data in the recruitment process. We strive to maintain the highest possible standard regarding the protection of personal data.
If you accept a position at JA Resorts and Hotels, you will be considered a JA Resorts and Hotels “Team Member” and a separate notice will govern our use of your personal information.
We are the controller in accordance with current privacy legislation. The Users’ personal data is processed with the purpose of managing and facilitating the recruitment of employees to our business.
COLLECTION OF DATA
Data You Provide
This Notice covers any personal information you submit to apply or search for a position at JA resorts & hotels, which may include:
- Information about you: Name, address, date of birth, marital status, nationality, and preferred language, details of any disabilities, work restrictions and/or required accommodations.
- Information to contact you at work or home: Name, address, telephone, and e-mail addresses.
- Information about who to contact in a case of emergency (yours or ours): Name, address, telephone, e-mail addresses and their relationship to you.
- Information to identify you: Photographs, passport and/or driving license details, proof of residence, electronic signatures.
- Information about your suitability to work for us: References, interview notes, work visas ID information such as passport details and, records/results of pre-employment checks, including criminal record checks, credit and fraud checks.
- Information about your skills and experience: CVs resumes and/or application forms, references, records of skills and experience: qualifications, skills, training, and other compliance requirements.
- Information about your terms of employment with JA Resorts & Hotels:
- Letters of offer and acceptance of employment, your employment contract.
- Information that we need to provide you with benefits and other entitlements:
- Length of service information, health information.
- Information to allow you to access our buildings:
Identification IDs, in some cases we maintain copies.
- You may visit some JARH properties and security can request your personal information for verification purposes that could be verbal or written, this is the requirement of the Law in UAE for public safety.
Information relating to discipline, grievance, and other employment-related processes: Interview/meeting notes or recordings, correspondence.
- Information relating to your work travel and expenses:
- Air tickets, visa, passport (if required).
JA resorts & Hotels asks that you avoid submitting data that may qualify as sensitive data under applicable law, except where such data is legally required or permissible.
This includes data on biometric, medical or health conditions, genetic, racial, ethnic, sex life or practices or sexual orientation, religious, philosophical, or ideological beliefs, political opinions, trade union membership including views and activities, information on social security measures, and administrative or criminal proceedings and sanctions.
Sensitive Personal Data may require an extra level of protection or higher duty of care. Sensitive Personal Data includes special categories of data as defined by GDPR.
At times, the Personal Data you provide to JA Resorts & Hotels, including your educational records, may include the data referenced in the preceding paragraph. Where that is the case, you expressly authorize JA Resorts & Hotels to handle the data for purposes of your job application.
If you provide JA resorts & Hotels with the Personal Data of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to ensure you have the right to provide that data to JA resorts & Hotels.
When and how we collect personal data
We collect personal data about Users when,
- Make an application through the services or otherwise, adding personal data about themselves either personally or by using a third-party source such as LinkedIn, Caterer global,
- and use the Service to connect with our staff, adding personal data about themselves either personally or by using a third-party source such as LinkedIn.
- provides identifiable data in the chat (provided through the website that uses the Service) and such data is of relevance to the application procedure.
JA Resorts and hotels may also collect “Other Data;” data that generally do not reveal your specific identity or do not directly relate to an individual. To the extent Other Data reveal your specific identity or relates to an individual, we will treat Other Data as Personal Data. Other Data include:
- the browser and device data
- app usage data
- data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- demographic data and other data provided by you
- aggregated data
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF DATA
We (JA resorts & Hotels) collect and processes data about you for the following reasons:
- because you voluntarily provide this data
- because this data is necessary to take steps, at your request, prior to entering employment
- because this data is of particular importance to JA Resorts & Hotels and JA resorts & Hotels has a specific legitimate interest under law to process it
- to comply with a legal obligation
- where necessary to protect the vital interests of any person
Where the processing concerns data you voluntarily provided to JA resorts & hotels, or the processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact email@example.com.
The data you submitted and provided will be used for JA resorts and hotels recruitment, management, and planning purposes, as permitted by applicable law, including:
- To process your application
- To assess your capabilities and qualifications for a job
- To assess your suitability to work
- To perform vacancy and applicant management activities
- To conduct screening, assessments, and interviews.
- To maintain a library of correspondence.
- To make offers and provide contracts of employment
- Human Resources (“HR”), finance and other business administration purposes
- Staffing, including resource planning, recruitment, termination, and succession planning.
- Workforce development, education, training, and certification
To preserve JA resorts & hotel’s other legitimate interests, for example for JA resorts & Hotels administrative purposes, aggregate management reporting, internal training and as generally required to conduct business within the JA group.
The data about you will be added to JA Resorts & Hotels candidate database and may be used to consider you for opportunities at JA resorts & Hotels other than the one for which you are applying.
DATA SHARING: WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of managing the employment relationship. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, training team, managers, and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
JA resorts & hotels may also use and share Personal Data as JA believes to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country or region; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country or region of residence and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to protect JA operations or those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect JA rights, privacy, safety or property and (f) to allow JA to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that JA may sustain.
Disclosing your Personal Data may include transferring Personal Data to other countries. If you are in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), this may include countries outside of the EEA. Some of these countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en
As for transfers to other countries, JA resorts & hotels have put in place adequate measures, such as Data Transfer Agreements and/or Standard Contractual Clauses to protect your data.
JA resorts & hotels will retain Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. JA may also retain your data for the purpose of considering whether your skills are suitable for other employment opportunities. If you do not wish JA to Retain your personal data for this purpose, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org JA may remove Personal Data for inactive accounts from our database, subject to any applicable legal or regulatory obligations.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In addition to the data contained in your profile, you may where permitted by applicable law
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You also have the right to object to where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
JA Resorts and hotels will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. If you would like to make such a request, please email at email@example.com. Or you can contact us by submitting the Data Protection rights form available on the website. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time.
However, transfers of information over the internet and mobile networks can never occur without any risk, so all transfers are made at the own risk of the person transferring the data. It is important that Users also take responsibility to ensure that their data is protected. It is the responsibility of the User that their login information is kept secret.
AGGREGATED DATA (NON-IDENTIFIABLE PERSONAL DATA)
We may share aggregated data with third parties. The aggregated data has in such instances been compiled from information that has been collected through the Service and can, for example, consist of statistics of internet traffic or the geological location for the use of the Service. The aggregated data does not contain any information that can be used to identify individual persons and is thus not personal data.
For questions, further information about our handling of personal data or for contact with us in other matters, please use the below stated contact details; JA Resorts & Hotels firstname.lastname@example.org and to the JA resorts & hotels Data Protection Manager at email@example.com.